Assembly & Integration - Composites Technician
This is a full time position.
Duty Location: North Las Vegas, Nevada
Bigelow Aerospace is looking for an Assembly & Integration - Composites Technician.
US Citizens and Permanent Residents Only
The Composite Technician under close supervision performs basic as well as complex lay-up techniques to include pre-preg or wet lay-up, cutting, vacuum bagging, basic repair, autoclave, and/or trimming operations. Verifies work and ensures a defect-free part prior to presenting to quality control (inspection). This role works from preliminary and released design drawings, detailed procedures, test specifications, manufacturing planning, and oral and written instructions to determine the appropriate method of fabrication and assembly. Must be able to generate build logs and inspection documents as well as maintain assembly records. Must also be able to work with basic shop tools and equipment used in composite layup and assembly. Operational knowledge is absolutely required for forklift, boom, crane and lifting straps. Provides specialized technical assistance and interacts with team members to implement solutions. The successful candidate must also demonstrate the ability to perform in a team environment and exhibit a willingness to "do what it takes" to ensure customer expectations are exceeded.
Performs bonding of materials to fabricate parts and/or for repair applications using products and processes which are varied but generally not complex in scope. Fabricates composite into subassemblies for the purpose of pre-fitting in preparation for bonding or curing in presses, ovens, and autoclaves. Load and operate presses, large ovens and autoclaves. Adheres to equipment requirements and the method and sequences of operation to be followed in fabrication of parts using materials such as fiberglass, epoxy resins, rubber and like materials. Layout, pre-fits, assembles and performs lay-up on a variety of composite bonded assemblies. Layout and marks dimensions and reference lines on material to develop and trace patterns of product or parts, or uses templates. Selects tooling and materials compatible with the processing techniques identified in the work instructions.
Must have an understanding of tolerance and print comprehension. Should have a high level of technical skills, experience and judgment of applicable mechanical and some electrical principles. Operate or have operational knowledge of mechanical and electrical height gauges, indicators, micrometers, sine plates, precision cleaning, and weigh equipment. Able to perform all required bonding operations. Prepare mechanisms for the test department, improve hookups and equipment modifications as directed.
- Builds composite components for aerospace vehicles using appropriate lay-up techniques.
- Prepares composite components for curing process in autoclave and/or oven by applying proper vacuum bagging methods and procedures.
- Handling, mixing and applying various resin/catalyst materials.
- Operates a broad variety equipment and hand/power tools in a safe and efficient manner in order to shape and form simple and complex components.
- Perform self-verification procedure on work orders and other related/required documents.
- Ensure parts meet all quality standards and guidelines prior to presenting for inspection.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area, supports the company FOD (Foreign Object Damage) prevention program and complies with all safety regulations.
- Demonstrates the capacity to learn to read and interpret blueprints and selected standards. Must be able to perform math computations, to include adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Convert fractions to decimals and decimals to fractions.
- May work any shift and or overtime.
- Comply with good housekeeping, quality, FOD, and safety procedures.
- Performs other tasks as required by site leadership.
While performing the duties of this job, the candidate is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, squat, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The candidate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. May work with toxic or caustic chemicals. Knowledge of safety standards is necessary.
Apply for employment using any of the following methods:
Please note: For best protection of your personal information, use the Mail option below.
Use the Online Application
Send resumes to:
ATTN: HR Representative
1899 W. Brooks Avenue
North Las Vegas, NV 89032
Fax your resume to: (702) 639-0881