Sr. Analog & Power Avionics Engineer - Space Systems
This is a full time position.
Duty Location: North Las Vegas, Nevada
Are you ready for a new challenge? Bring your talent and skills to Bigelow Aerospace. We have a very exciting opportunity for a full time Senior Design Engineer specializing in Analog & Power Avionics circuits for our Aerospace division.
Founded in 1999, Bigelow Aerospace's mission has been to revolutionize spaceflight by developing and launching inflatable, flexible and user-configurable space station modules. Our next generation spacecraft now in development, will greatly expand the space habitat of the International Space Station for only a fraction of the cost, opening spaceflight to national space agencies and/or private corporate clients.
You will be responsible for defining requirements, performing detailed engineering designs, performing V&V (Verification and Validation) testing, troubleshooting and deploying avionics hardware for a manned spacecraft in a Low Earth Orbit (LEO). Subsystems include:
- Complete Spacecraft Power System, including power generation (solar panels), energy storage, power management and distribution, battery charge controller and monitor, solar panel monitor
- Develop low noise signal interfaces to spacecraft sensors; support system integration and orbital qualification as required
- Support thermal and dynamic analysis for high reliability module designs
The successful candidate is a broad-based analog/ power hardware engineer with hands-on board design experience, troubleshooting skills and combines the best perspective of a developer, of a test and verification engineer and a project leader who exercises independent judgment and action.
- Capable of generating functional and architectural concepts, sub-system partitioning with floor-planning, simulation, implementation and verification of complex designs.
- Has high level technical expertise for the development of power electronics, inverters, magnetic components, power supplies, and energy storage systems.
- Master switching power supply configurations such as AC-DC, DC-DC and DC-AC with output configurations such as constant voltage and/or constant current.
- Knowledgeable in low noise analog signal conditioning and control circuit design
- Demonstrated skills with power electronics simulation tools such as PSIM Pro, Matlab/Simulink, and PSPICE
- Experienced guiding a high-speed analog/power board layout for signal integrity, power quality, EMI and thermal considerations. Working knowledge of MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-704 and other relevant standards.
- Perform test and debugging at board, component, and subsystem levels. Experience with HALT (Highly Accelerated Life Testing) and HASS (Highly Accelerated Stress Screening) test is a plus
- Evaluate third Party OEM subsystem components including generating and reviewing specifications, reviewing designs, procuring components, coordinating first article testing and generating evaluation reports
- Master switching power supply topologies Boost, Buck, SEPIC; also magnetics and magnetic materials, stability, grounding, bypassing and EMI considerations.
This position is for a Senior-Level Analog and Power Engineer and requires a minimum of 10 years experience with an accredited Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent program. A Masters degree is preferred.
Special considerations will be given to candidates with experience developing, qualifying and deploying rad-hard hardware for space applications, high reliability fault tolerant design techniques, and radiation hardened component selection.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- US Citizens and Permanent Residents Only
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering
- 8 years experience in developing avionics systems
Apply for employment using any of the following methods:
Please note: For best protection of your personal information, use the Mail option below.
Use the Online Application
Send resumes to:
ATTN: HR Representative
1899 W. Brooks Avenue
North Las Vegas, NV 89032
Fax your resume to: (702) 639-0881