Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Produce components by assembling parts and subassemblies; prefer experience with aircraft assemblies
- Prepare work to be completed by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications and parts lists; gather parts, subassemblies, tools and materials
- Assemble components by examining for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies
- Verify specifications by measuring completed component
- Keep equipment operational by completing preventative maintenance requirements; troubleshoot malfunctions; calling for repairs
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- 3-4 years assembly experience
- High school diploma, some college preferred
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and quality
- Experience with power tools and solid decision making common sense
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Bigelow Aerospace was founded in 1999. Its headquarters are located in North Las Vegas, Nevada.
Our mission is to provide affordable destinations serving many diverse uses and customers, whether those destinations are located in low Earth orbit, deep space or on a foreign body.
In 2006 and 2007, we successfully launched and deployed Genesis I and II. On April 8, 2016 we launched the BEAM, Bigelow Expandable Activity Module, on contract with NASA to the International Space Station. The BEAM is a technology demonstrator to promote the viability of expandable habitat technology.