Design Drawing Checker
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Work with Design Engineers to check the accuracy of engineering assembly drawings for proper dimensioning technique/functional dimensioning, proper GD&T application, and compliance with ASME Y14.5M, 2009
- Redline drawings in electronic format and communicate changes to the engineering team
- Work with the Engineering department to resolve discrepancies
- Research technical information to develop new standards, as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 15+ year’s professional experience with CAD design dealing with complex mechanical design issues
- Expertise with SolidWorks CAD software
- Experience with Configuration Management business processes using SolidWorks EPDM software
- Knowledge of assembly and fabrication processes and familiar with shop practices such as milling, grinding, lathe work, molding, threading and assembly
- Understand GD&T principles and how to apply them
- Experience within the automotive or high tech industry is considered
- Excellent communication skills (listening, presenting and persuading)
- Dedicated, enthusiastic, and energetic demeanor
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Bigelow Aerospace was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in North Las Vegas, Nevada. Our company’s mission is to provide affordable, human-rated space structures for destinations in low Earth orbit, the moon, and beyond to meet the needs of a diverse array of customers.
Since 2006, we have successfully launched and deployed three expandable space structures, to include a human-rated module attached to the International Space Station. Presently, we are working on the research, design, and development of our next generation of human-rated expandable habitats, the B330 spacecraft. We are also currently partnered with NASA to assist with developing commercial and deep space habitation concepts as part of their NextSTEP (Next Space Technologies for Exploration Partnerships) Habitation Systems program.