CAD Drawing Checker
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Work with engineers to convey requirements to models and drawings
- Produce high quality detailed engineering drawings on Solidworks
- Apply and interpret Geometric Dimensioning and tolerance (GD&T)
- Document release through the formal company change control procedure
- Review engineering assembly and detail drawings in compliance with ASME Y14.5M
- Work with CAD Designers and Engineers and checking the accuracy of all engineering drawings
- Knowledge of assembly and fabrication processes and familiar with shop practices such as milling, grinding, lathe work, molding, threading and assembly
- Experience with Configuration Management business processes, using Dassault’s SmarTeam
- Experience within the automotive or high tech industry is considered
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor or associate degree/diploma in a mechanical technology program or related field with 5-7 years of professional CAD design experience dealing with complex mechanical design issues
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Bigelow Aerospace was founded in 1999. Our headquarters are located in North Las Vegas, Nevada.
Our mission is to provide affordable destinations serving many diverse uses and customers, whether those destinations are located in low Earth orbit, deep space or on a foreign body.
In 2006 and 2007, we successfully launched and deployed Genesis I and II. On April 8, 2016 we launched the BEAM, Bigelow Expandable Activity Module, on contract with NASA to the International Space Station. The BEAM is a technology demonstrator to promote the viability of expandable habitat technology.