Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Must know CNC Mills
- Ensure equipment is calibrated and safely operated according to procedures
- Ensure all activities in compliance with Bigelow Aerospace Quality System Requirements
- CMM knowledge a plus
- Must be able to multi-task, be a self started and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines consistently
- High School Diploma
- 5 years of experience as a machinist
- Experience using CAD/CAM software Surfcam or Mastercam
- Ability to use machinist hand tools (CNC lathes and machining centers) to manufacture close tolerance
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Familiar with inspection equipment
- Good math skills
- Good communication skills
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Bigelow Aerospace was founded in 1999. Our headquarters are located in North Las Vegas, Nevada.
Our mission is to provide affordable destinations serving many diverse uses and customers, whether those destinations are located in low Earth orbit, deep space or on a foreign body.
In 2006 and 2007, we successfully launched and deployed Genesis I and II. On April 8, 2016 we launched the BEAM, Bigelow Expandable Activity Module, on contract with NASA to the International Space Station. The BEAM is a technology demonstrator to promote the viability of expandable habitat technology.