Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Provide compliance support to meet governmental and customer requirements for assigned programs
- Provide communication and development to staff leaders to guide the compliance needs and support organizations
- Work with customers, functional leaders, and internal/corporate staff to meet organizational requirements
- Communicate and coordinate with internal and external customers
- Develop customer contracts and proposal tools to be implemented across the Bigelow Space Operations (BSO) organization
- Communicate with Department of State (DOS), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Department of Commerce (DOC), along with any other governing body requirements and compliance for all activities
- Work closely with the all Bigelow Aerospace and BSO organizations to identify contract compliance opportunities, assure appropriate scheduling, and maintain strong internal and external customer relationship
- Provide leadership and direction in all contract compliance areas to all employees of the business
- Maintain a cost effective compliance operations by controlling expenses and improving efficiencies
- Develop compliance and contract training program
- Maintain close relationships with the contract liaisons and strategic partners
- Establish a culture delivering world class levels of customer satisfaction and value driving collateral materials
- Mentor the necessary teams with the tools to successfully keep compliant and meet customer expectations
- 5+ years of DOS & DOC compliance experience
- Military service or contracting experience or Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent education/experience
- Significant leadership experience in ITAR compliance, Federal Aviation Regulations, and contractual management
- Strong communication, team development and mentoring skills
- Strong knowledge of products, processes, and customer requirements
- Unyielding integrity and ability to energize team members
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Bigelow Aerospace was founded in 1999. Our headquarters are located in North Las Vegas, Nevada.
Our mission is to provide affordable destinations serving many diverse uses and customers, whether those destinations are located in low Earth orbit, deep space or on a foreign body.
In 2006 and 2007, we successfully launched and deployed Genesis I and II. On April 8, 2016 we launched the BEAM, Bigelow Expandable Activity Module, on contract with NASA to the International Space Station. The BEAM is a technology demonstrator to promote the viability of expandable habitat technology.