Contract Compliance Specialist
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Assists the Contracts Officer in preparing documents for any government agency including the Department of State, ITAR and Department of Commerce, along with any other commercial entity
- Provide compliance, contract, and proposal support to meet Governmental and Customer requirements
- Provide communication and development to department leaders to guide the compliance needs and support organizations
- Develop and adhere to compliance and contract training program
- Notify necessary teams with the tools to successfully keep in compliance and meet customer expectations
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior experience drafting contracts
- Significant understanding of ITAR compliance and FAR regulations
- Strong written and communications skills necessary
- Aviation or aerospace experience is a plus
- Unyielding integrity and team player
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Bigelow Aerospace was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in North Las Vegas, Nevada. Our company’s mission is to provide affordable, human-rated space structures for destinations in low Earth orbit, the moon, and beyond to meet the needs of a diverse array of customers.
Since 2006, we have successfully launched and deployed three expandable space structures, to include a human-rated module attached to the International Space Station. Presently, we are working on the research, design, and development of our next generation of human-rated expandable habitats, the B330 spacecraft. We are also currently partnered with NASA to assist with developing commercial and deep space habitation concepts as part of their NextSTEP (Next Space Technologies for Exploration Partnerships) Habitation Systems program.