Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Advise management on a wide range of legal issues relating to business operations, including strategic transactions and commercial issues
- Draft contracts, including MOU's, NDA's, subcontractor agreements etc
- Ensure consistency of contract terms with company policies and goals
- Reduce company’s contract risk
- A graduate of a leading U.S. law school
- Licensed to practice in at least one U.S. state
- Be in good standing in all jurisdictions where the candidate is licensed to practice law
- At least 10-14 years of experience working as an attorney drafting contracts of all types
- Proven experience in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, strategic counseling, managing and resolving commercial disputes
- Ability to prioritize work responsibilities, and provide high quality and timely legal work
- Sales and marketing experience is a plus
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Bigelow Aerospace was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in North Las Vegas, Nevada. Our company’s mission is to provide affordable, human-rated space structures for destinations in low Earth orbit, the moon, and beyond to meet the needs of a diverse array of customers.
Since 2006, we have successfully launched and deployed three expandable space structures, to include a human-rated module attached to the International Space Station. Presently, we are working on the research, design, and development of our next generation of human-rated expandable habitats, the B330 spacecraft. We are also currently partnered with NASA to assist with developing commercial and deep space habitation concepts as part of their NextSTEP (Next Space Technologies for Exploration Partnerships) Habitation Systems program.