Chief Operations Officer
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Must be passionate, energetic, and have an enthusiastic disposition even in adverse situations
- Provide leadership; assume responsibility and accountability to ensure overall management and direction for assigned departments
- Develop and administer strategies and programs to ensure overall operational performance and stability of operations
- Take ownership to drive the company to achieve and surpass goals and objectives
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all internal and external processes
- Provide timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of various departments and accept responsibility within the prescribed authorities
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization
- Motivate and lead a high performance management team; attract, recruit and retain required members of the management team provide mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development program
- Evaluate, build, and manage relationships with vendors
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or related field. MBA is a plus! Strong sales acumen a plus!
- At least twelve years of proven successful operational experience with in-house fabrication of complex products such as airplanes, helicopters, automobiles, boats, large machinery, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in financial planning and analysis with previous experience overseeing multiple corporate departments
- Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning
- Requires excellent communication, time management and organizational skills. Should have strong business negotiation and interface skills; excellent conflict management and problem solving skills; public relations and listening skills; emotional maturity and self-motivation
- Must have a demonstrated history of hiring and firing experience, when required
- Demonstrated ability to “think outside the box” and propose creative alternatives
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Bigelow Aerospace was founded in 1999. Our headquarters are located in North Las Vegas, Nevada.
Our mission is to provide affordable destinations serving many diverse uses and customers, whether those destinations are located in low Earth orbit, deep space or on a foreign body.
In 2006 and 2007, we successfully launched and deployed Genesis I and II. On April 8, 2016 we launched the BEAM, Bigelow Expandable Activity Module, on contract with NASA to the International Space Station. The BEAM is a technology demonstrator to promote the viability of expandable habitat technology.