Two ECLSS Fabrication Specialists – Air and Fluid Systems
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Execute stainless steel tube plumbing, control cable fabrication and air frame installations to a high degree of craft and professional autonomy
- Participate in start-to-finish rapid prototyping to include cooperation, constructive input and support of large scale model development, as well as actual flight article fabrication
- Work closely with multiple department engineering and science teams to accomplish ECLSS manufacturing and assembly goals
- Experience with high pressure oxygen and air plumbing
- Ten (10) years of working with air, drinking water and/or liquid waste systems on aircraft with current or previous Air Frame and Power Plant Training, experience and/or Licensing
- Experience and comfort with sanitary (human waste) and/or drinking water system work in vehicle applications
- Experience with liquid pumps, valves and conductivity, pH sensors
- Airframe/Power plant (A&P) Certification highly desirable
- High level of technical skills and attention to detail
- HVAC experience a plus
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Bigelow Aerospace was founded in 1999. Our headquarters are located in North Las Vegas, Nevada.
Our mission is to provide affordable destinations serving many diverse uses and customers, whether those destinations are located in low Earth orbit, deep space or on a foreign body.
In 2006 and 2007, we successfully launched and deployed Genesis I and II. On April 8, 2016 we launched the BEAM, Bigelow Expandable Activity Module, on contract with NASA to the International Space Station. The BEAM is a technology demonstrator to promote the viability of expandable habitat technology.