ECLSS Air Quality Lab Technician
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Perform daily hands-on operation of GC/MS and FTIR instrumentation
- Conduct assays for volatile organic carbon constituents
- Develop and implement new testing and assay methods & protocols
- Work closely with multiple department teams to accomplish ECLSS manufacturing and assembly goals
- Identify and troubleshoot instrument problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, or Analytical Chemistry
- Minimum of three (3) years of similar work experience within a professional environment
- Extensive hands-on knowledge and experience with current GC/MS, FTIR instruments
- High level of technical skills and attention to detail
- Good written and oral communication skills, self starter
- Understanding of AS9100 processes is a plus
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Bigelow Aerospace was founded in 1999. Our headquarters are located in North Las Vegas, Nevada.
Our mission is to provide affordable destinations serving many diverse uses and customers, whether those destinations are located in low Earth orbit, deep space or on a foreign body.
In 2006 and 2007, we successfully launched and deployed Genesis I and II. On April 8, 2016 we launched the BEAM, Bigelow Expandable Activity Module, on contract with NASA to the International Space Station. The BEAM is a technology demonstrator to promote the viability of expandable habitat technology.