Environmental Control and Life Support Systems (ECLSS) Senior Laboratory Analytical Chemist
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Daily hands on knowledge and operation, maintenance, and management of HPLC, IC, TOC GC/MS and FTIR instrumentation, with extensive experience on instruments from multiple manufacturers
- Prepare samples and conduct liquid and gaseous assays for stable and volatile organic constituents, as well as ionic and other inorganic chemical constituents, including all components of human metabolic waste
- Maintain a working analytical chemistry lab with a high-level of competence and professionalism
- Work closely with project managers and department teams to accomplish ECLSS analytical testing and development goals for multiple projects and timelines
- Degree in biochemistry, Master’s degree preferred
- Experience working in an ISO 17025 and/or A2LA accredited laboratory and familiarity with Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)
- Attention to detail and good written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of AS9100 processes a plus
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Bigelow Aerospace was founded in 1999. Our headquarters are located in North Las Vegas, Nevada.
Our mission is to provide affordable destinations serving many diverse uses and customers, whether those destinations are located in low Earth orbit, deep space or on a foreign body.
In 2006 and 2007, we successfully launched and deployed Genesis I and II. On April 8, 2016 we launched the BEAM, Bigelow Expandable Activity Module, on contract with NASA to the International Space Station. The BEAM is a technology demonstrator to promote the viability of expandable habitat technology.