Graphics and Media Artist
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Create and modify 3D assets for use in still renders, animations, VR, AR, 3D printing and more using 3D design platforms such as Autodesk 3ds MAX, Octane, Substance Painter, Unity and more
- Create and maintain brand consistency through the use of the organization’s Branding & Style Guide standards on logos, colors, typography, and other graphic collateral
- Collaborate closely with other department teams to brainstorm, plan, and determine the project scope and realistic deadlines for various designs
- Create accurate graphics, charts, graphs, etc. that visually support company departments
- Use strong analytical thinking skills and develop compelling design solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or graphics related degree
- Three (3) or more years’ experience in a professional computer graphics environment
- Highly skilled in designing engaging and creative imagery for use in a variety of digital formats; including (but not limited to) animations, full-motion video, VR, AR, web, large-format printing, professional presentations, marketing material, and more
- Proficient in creating images and photo manipulation with image design platforms such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Illustrator, and more
- A distinct creative mind in regards to typography, layout, color swatch, design and production
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet a variety of deadlines
- Autodesk 3ds MAX experience and proficiency is required
- Adobe Creative Suite experience and proficiency is required
- Octane Render Engine experience and proficiency is required
- Allegorithmic Substance Painter experience and proficiency is required
- Unity experience and proficiency is required
- VR and AR experience using commercially available software and hardware solutions (Oculus, HTC Vive, HoloLens, etc.) is a plus
- Unreal, CRYENGINE and other real-time engine experience is a plus
- SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Solid Edge, Rhinoceros 3D or similar 3D CAD software experience is a plus
- Web and app UX/UI design experience is a plus
- Marketing experience is a plus
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Bigelow Aerospace was founded in 1999. Our headquarters are located in North Las Vegas, Nevada.
Our mission is to provide affordable destinations serving many diverse uses and customers, whether those destinations are located in low Earth orbit, deep space or on a foreign body.
In 2006 and 2007, we successfully launched and deployed Genesis I and II. On April 8, 2016 we launched the BEAM, Bigelow Expandable Activity Module, on contract with NASA to the International Space Station. The BEAM is a technology demonstrator to promote the viability of expandable habitat technology.