Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Proficiency with 3D modeling and drafting using SolidWorks
- Work in a fast paced, creative and collaborative team environment
- Create production ready 3D CAD files and drawings
- Create functional models for sub and full scale mockups and prototypes
- Follow design from concept to final production
- Work with suppliers to facilitate manufacturing and prototypes
- Investigate and resolve design issues
- Design ideation and brainstorming
- Degree in Industrial Design and work experience in related field
- Strong understanding of materials and manufacturing processes (metals, plastics, composites)
- Knowledge of ASME Y14.5M1994 or later standards
- Understanding of GD&T
- Experience with AS9100 is a plus
- Model making skills
- Fresh creative vision and meticulous attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in both a team environment and independently
- Passion for Space Exploration
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Bigelow Aerospace was founded in 1999. Its headquarters are located in North Las Vegas, Nevada.
Our mission is to provide affordable destinations serving many diverse uses and customers, whether those destinations are located in low Earth orbit, deep space or on a foreign body.
In 2006 and 2007, we successfully launched and deployed Genesis I and II. On April 8, 2016 we launched the BEAM, Bigelow Expandable Activity Module, on contract with NASA to the International Space Station. The BEAM is a technology demonstrator to promote the viability of expandable habitat technology.