Mechanical Engineering Department Assistant Manager
- Participate in the complete system integration of spacecraft hardware
- Take ownership throughout the entire lifecycle of the mechanical hardware designs, from concept to design & development to build to post-launch support
- Assist in the evaluation of third party vendor components including generating specifications, reviewing designs
- Assess project requirements and assign appropriate resources based on availability and expertise
- Assist with the development of documentation including analysis summaries, risk assessments, technical engineering notes, subsystem and device requirements, and participating in overall spacecraft architecture design
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 3- 5 years’ experience in a management role or Team Lead, preferably within spacecraft design experience
- Proven senior level mechanical engineering experience
- Knowledge of ANSI Y14.5M
- Experience in SolidWorks or similar 3D CAD design/analysis software program
- Team player, excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and interpersonal skills
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Bigelow Aerospace was founded in 1999. Our headquarters are located in North Las Vegas, Nevada.
Our mission is to provide affordable destinations serving many diverse uses and customers, whether those destinations are located in low Earth orbit, deep space or on a foreign body.
In 2006 and 2007, we successfully launched and deployed Genesis I and II. On April 8, 2016 we launched the BEAM, Bigelow Expandable Activity Module, on contract with NASA to the International Space Station. The BEAM is a technology demonstrator to promote the viability of expandable habitat technology.