Model Shop Technician
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Work with the engineering team to design all phases of engineering custom projects from concept to production of prototype models
- Ensure quality of models at all stages of design
- Maintain up-to-date on and incorporate all latest prototyping, material, manufacturing, and software trends
- Keep shop clean and organized
- 7-10 years’ experience designing and making models
- High School diploma
- Experience with conventional and iterative model making technologies, 3D CAD, CNC machining, and rapid prototyping
- Experience using of SolidWorks or similar 3D modeling software
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
- Experience working with model airplanes is a plus
- Working knowledge of 3D printing and laser cutting technology
- Excellent hand crafting modeling skills
- Superior problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with engineering staff
- Time-management skills and a sense of urgency to meet very tight deadlines
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Bigelow Aerospace was founded in 1999. Our headquarters are located in North Las Vegas, Nevada.
Our mission is to provide affordable destinations serving many diverse uses and customers, whether those destinations are located in low Earth orbit, deep space or on a foreign body.
In 2006 and 2007, we successfully launched and deployed Genesis I and II. On April 8, 2016 we launched the BEAM, Bigelow Expandable Activity Module, on contract with NASA to the International Space Station. The BEAM is a technology demonstrator to promote the viability of expandable habitat technology.