Model Shop Technician
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Work with the engineering team to design all phases of engineering custom projects from concept to production of prototype models
- Ensure quality of models at all stages of design
- Maintain up-to-date on and incorporate all latest prototyping, material, manufacturing, and software trends
- Keep shop clean and organized
- 7-10 years’ experience designing and making models
- High School diploma
- Experience with conventional and iterative model making technologies, 3D CAD, CNC machining, and rapid prototyping
- Experience using of SolidWorks or similar 3D modeling software
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
- Experience working with model airplanes is a plus
- Working knowledge of 3D printing and laser cutting technology
- Excellent hand crafting modeling skills
- Superior problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with engineering staff
- Time-management skills and a sense of urgency to meet very tight deadlines
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Bigelow Aerospace was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in North Las Vegas, Nevada. Our company’s mission is to provide affordable, human-rated space structures for destinations in low Earth orbit, the moon, and beyond to meet the needs of a diverse array of customers.
Since 2006, we have successfully launched and deployed three expandable space structures, to include a human-rated module attached to the International Space Station. Presently, we are working on the research, design, and development of our next generation of human-rated expandable habitats, the B330 spacecraft. We are also currently partnered with NASA to assist with developing commercial and deep space habitation concepts as part of their NextSTEP (Next Space Technologies for Exploration Partnerships) Habitation Systems program.