Production Assistant – Technical Document Specialist
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Plan, maintain production schedules and measure progress by established standards of performance
- Work on product flow designs that increase efficiencies to achieve productivity standards including costing, training and process improvement
- Build strong relationships and collaborate with all key departments to ensure effectual production methods
- Design and create pre-documentation templates, formats, proofs, revise and produce technical engineering and manufacturing documentation
- Prescript work orders (fabrication orders)
- Track all manufacturing and assembly fabrication orders
- Apply Bigelow Aerospace standards
- Assure that projects/production jobs maintain the highest quality standards
- Coordinate with team members to avoid schedule conflicts
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly project status updates
- Independently identify project resource requirements utilizing individuals, processes, departments, and tools
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a similar role in a production environment
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study is preferred
- Understanding of operations, rules, regulations, policies related to manufacturing, safety and the ability to communicate these effectively
- Experience with project management and creating and maintaining project schedules using Microsoft Project
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- When faced with large amounts of requests, has the ability to identify highly critical and less critical project tasks and able to adjust priorities
- Must be able to work as a team player and require minimal supervision
- Experience gained through the military or within an aviation or aerospace manufacturing company is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to read and understand production drawings
- High energy and a team player are a must
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Bigelow Aerospace was founded in 1999. Our headquarters are located in North Las Vegas, Nevada.
Our mission is to provide affordable destinations serving many diverse uses and customers, whether those destinations are located in low Earth orbit, deep space or on a foreign body.
In 2006 and 2007, we successfully launched and deployed Genesis I and II. On April 8, 2016 we launched the BEAM, Bigelow Expandable Activity Module, on contract with NASA to the International Space Station. The BEAM is a technology demonstrator to promote the viability of expandable habitat technology.