Project Manager - Docking Systems
For Integration of these Systems (manufactured by others) into the B330
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Experienced in a lead position with design and integration of complex spacecraft mechanical structural systems
- Advanced project management of coordinating manufacturing, assembly and production of pressure vessels for human space flight systems
- Works directly with System engineering to gather and understand the project design requirements
- Working knowledge of NASA, JSC, and ISS standard practices and requirements including safety, fault tolerance, and unique disciplines (i.e. DFMR/MSWG, Materials, EME, Structures)
- Responsible for senior level design reviews and presentations to fulfill schedule timelines, budgets to complete spacecraft builds
- Experience with large scale mechanisms to miniature electronic devices, covering design, manufacture and assembly
- Minimum 10 years experience in mechanical engineering, Master’s Degree a plus
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Bigelow Aerospace was founded in 1999. Our headquarters are located in North Las Vegas, Nevada.
Our mission is to provide affordable destinations serving many diverse uses and customers, whether those destinations are located in low Earth orbit, deep space or on a foreign body.
In 2006 and 2007, we successfully launched and deployed Genesis I and II. On April 8, 2016 we launched the BEAM, Bigelow Expandable Activity Module, on contract with NASA to the International Space Station. The BEAM is a technology demonstrator to promote the viability of expandable habitat technology.