Quality Control and Test Manager
We are in the process of commercializing space travel. This individual will be responsible for assisting us in making this venture profitable for Bigelow Aerospace and affordable for our clients.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Oversee the quality control and test operations, and the AS9100 Quality Management System to ensure product and quality control
- Serves as the Quality Management Representative with suppliers to ensure that their quality control system processes and products meet purchase contract requirements and applicable regulatory and government regulations
- Interpret status of supplier performance with respect to quality control, delivery, work in process, systemic issues and programs impacts and determine required actions
- Set up department schedules , design and set up tests, review methodologies, provide resource planning and resolution of issues and document test findings
- Assess and report progress and effectiveness of quality control and test department
- Identify appropriate quality control inspection points for all manufacturing activities
- Provide technical support to the production shops solving problems and improving manufacturing and quality control processes
- Prepare program quality control plans, performs failure investigations, facilitates quality control audits and initiates problem solving activities related to quality control in manufacturing, assembly and test, configuration control, traceability and documentation
- Assure compatibility of engineering drawings and specifications with manufacturing and fabrication capabilities by reviewing drawings and making suggestions for changes and revisions to enhance quality control and production
- Prepare corrective action plans in response to identified quality control deficiencies or failures
- Evaluate training and development needs, manage training on quality control systems, regulatory compliance issues and company initiatives
- Experience writing requirements and conduct effective document reviews
- General knowledge of all aspects of design and manufacturing processes
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Senior engineer with minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or a related field of study
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Bigelow Aerospace was founded in 1999. Our headquarters are located in North Las Vegas, Nevada.
Our mission is to provide affordable destinations serving many diverse uses and customers, whether those destinations are located in low Earth orbit, deep space or on a foreign body.
In 2006 and 2007, we successfully launched and deployed Genesis I and II. On April 8, 2016 we launched the BEAM, Bigelow Expandable Activity Module, on contract with NASA to the International Space Station. The BEAM is a technology demonstrator to promote the viability of expandable habitat technology.