Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Lead and enforce all safety and health programs at the plant to ensure a safe working environment
- Perform personnel training, audits, and OSHA compliance evaluations
- Implementation and on-going efforts of safety programs
- Conduct accident and incident investigations, determine probable causes and make recommendations for corrective action
- Provide safety and health expertise in support of projects
- Safety process improvements
- Participate in problem solving and writing risk analysis
- Manage safety and health training
- Ensure effective emergency response capabilities are maintained
- 10+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Bachelor of Science in Safety Engineering or Occupational Safety and Health
- Masters in engineering or related field is a plus
- Supervisory experience
- Detailed knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OHSA) guidelines
- Diplomacy and advocacy skills
- Good background and competency in the Aerospace industry
- Experience with general shop tools and workmanship
- Solid safety practices in accordance with government agency regulations
- Effective leadership and organizational skills
- Positive attitude and high energy
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Bigelow Aerospace was founded in 1999. Our headquarters are located in North Las Vegas, Nevada.
Our mission is to provide affordable destinations serving many diverse uses and customers, whether those destinations are located in low Earth orbit, deep space or on a foreign body.
In 2006 and 2007, we successfully launched and deployed Genesis I and II. On April 8, 2016 we launched the BEAM, Bigelow Expandable Activity Module, on contract with NASA to the International Space Station. The BEAM is a technology demonstrator to promote the viability of expandable habitat technology.