Softgoods Production Supervisor
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Oversee approximately 10 employees in a production and manufacturing environment
- Direct daily production activities and maintaining schedule to meet critical deadlines
- Strive to reduce expenses and increase productivity
- Set and monitor product quality standards
- Ensure operations in accordance with company’s manufacturing system
- Train and work with employees for continuous improvement in efficiency
- Reconfigure staffing as necessary to maximize productivity
- Schedule multiple projects/production jobs while maintaining the highest quality standards
- Minimum 10 years experience plus 5 years supervisor experience in similar field such as multi layer insulation or space rated materials, parachute or safety harness, sail repair or production and upholstery field
- Associate’s Degree in business or engineering or a related field
- Extensive knowledge in materials and processes related to textiles and fabrics
- Solid math skills, ability to work independently and leadership qualities are a must
- Must be able to read engineering drawings and blueprints plus have complete understanding of softgoods or textile production tolerances
- Operations knowledge of die cutting machines is plus
- Previous military fabrication knowledge in the parachute or canvas field of production is a plus
- AS9100 experience or knowledge preferred
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Bigelow Aerospace was founded in 1999. Our headquarters are located in North Las Vegas, Nevada.
Our mission is to provide affordable destinations serving many diverse uses and customers, whether those destinations are located in low Earth orbit, deep space or on a foreign body.
In 2006 and 2007, we successfully launched and deployed Genesis I and II. On April 8, 2016 we launched the BEAM, Bigelow Expandable Activity Module, on contract with NASA to the International Space Station. The BEAM is a technology demonstrator to promote the viability of expandable habitat technology.