Softgoods Quality Engineer
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Analyze Softgoods performance reports to improve manufacturing and meet requirements
- Interact daily with engineering and production personal for engineering and production process improvement
- Conduct internal audits to assure compliance or organizational, departmental, regulatory and customer policy
- Check dimensions using inspection tools and templates
- Perform production inspection and rework as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar field of study
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in Quality Assurance, Production or Manufacturing Engineering
- High volume manufacturing experience is a plus
- Extremely accurate with high level of attention to detail
- Read and interpret engineering drawing (GD&T)
- Experience gained through the military or within an aviation manufacturing or aerospace company is a plus
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Bigelow Aerospace was founded in 1999. Our headquarters are located in North Las Vegas, Nevada.
Our mission is to provide affordable destinations serving many diverse uses and customers, whether those destinations are located in low Earth orbit, deep space or on a foreign body.
In 2006 and 2007, we successfully launched and deployed Genesis I and II. On April 8, 2016 we launched the BEAM, Bigelow Expandable Activity Module, on contract with NASA to the International Space Station. The BEAM is a technology demonstrator to promote the viability of expandable habitat technology.