Softgoods Thermal Protection Systems Technician
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Fabricate and assemble thermal protection materials
- Ensure operations are in accordance with company’s manufacturing system
- Read and interpret engineering drawings using Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) methodology
- Ensure that projects and production jobs maintain the highest quality standards
- Minimum 3 – 5 years professional experience in thermal protection system (TPS) blanket or multi-layer insulation (MLI) blanket manufacturing and assembly
- Various sewing machine operational knowledge is required such as straight stitch, zig-zag and pre-programmed machines
- Understanding of fabrics and materials with in the sewing environment
- Extensive knowledge in materials and processes related to textiles and fabrics
- Operation knowledge of die cutting machines and automated static cutting tables a plus but not required
- Experience gained through the military or within an aviation manufacturing or aerospace company is a plus
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Bigelow Aerospace was founded in 1999. Our headquarters are located in North Las Vegas, Nevada.
Our mission is to provide affordable destinations serving many diverse uses and customers, whether those destinations are located in low Earth orbit, deep space or on a foreign body.
In 2006 and 2007, we successfully launched and deployed Genesis I and II. On April 8, 2016 we launched the BEAM, Bigelow Expandable Activity Module, on contract with NASA to the International Space Station. The BEAM is a technology demonstrator to promote the viability of expandable habitat technology.