Senior Electrical Integration Technician
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Read schematics, blueprints, sketches, models, or specifications to plan sequences of operations for fabrication and assembly of subsystem mechanical and electrical components
- Work directly with the Subsystem Leads to oversee the assembly, check-out, integration, and test of all electrical and mechanical components and interfaces of subsystems, proof of concept units, test units, prototypes and support systems
- Identify electrical equipment and parts necessary to perform assembly and integration of subsystems and test units
- Design, build, integrate electrical harnesses, components and assemble electrical controllers, fit and assemble parts used to make, repair, or modify subsystem mechanical or electrical hardware
- Provide feedback to the Subsystem Lead for expected completion times and additional technical expertise requirements necessary to complete assembly and integration activities
- Work closely with multiple department teams to accomplish manufacturing and assembly goals
- College degree in technical science or aviation / aerospace electrical engineering
- Ten (10) years of prior work experience with air or liquid valves, sensors, blowers, fans and vacuum experience preferred
- A&P License or Composites Certification highly preferred
- High-volume manufacturing experience is a plus
- Experience gained through the military or within an aviation manufacturing or aerospace company is a plus
- Experience in soldering a must Experience and proficiency with hand tools
- Knowledge of current aviation or aerospace mechanical, electrical or avionics systems
- Understanding of tolerance & print comprehension
- Understanding of AS9100 processes a plus
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Bigelow Aerospace was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in North Las Vegas, Nevada. Our company’s mission is to provide affordable, human-rated space structures for destinations in low Earth orbit, the moon, and beyond to meet the needs of a diverse array of customers.
Since 2006, we have successfully launched and deployed three expandable space structures, to include a human-rated module attached to the International Space Station. Presently, we are working on the research, design, and development of our next generation of human-rated expandable habitats, the B330 spacecraft. We are also currently partnered with NASA to assist with developing commercial and deep space habitation concepts as part of their NextSTEP (Next Space Technologies for Exploration Partnerships) Habitation Systems program.