Senior Production Manager
We are in the process of commercializing space travel. This individual will be responsible for assisting us in making this venture profitable for Bigelow Aerospace and affordable for our clients.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Oversee the manufacturing processes and ensure the assembly or production processes adhere to policies and procedures
- Provide leadership; assume responsibility and accountability to ensure overall management and direction for assigned departments
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all internal and external processes
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Product development experience from cradle to completion
- Manage the cost efficiency, quality and safety throughout the manufacturing process
- Evaluate, build, and manage relationships with vendors
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Attract, recruit, and retain required team members
- 12+ years of proven successful operational experience with in-house fabrication of complex products such as spacecrafts, airplanes, helicopters, automobiles, boats, large machinery, etc. and leading and managing teams
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or related field – MBA is a plus
- Proven ability to deliver products to schedule and budget
- Demonstrated experience in financial planning and analysis
- Effective leadership and organizational skills
- Skilled in complex project management with many moving parts
- Must be passionate, energetic, and have an enthusiastic disposition even in adverse situations
- Excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills
- Strong sales acumen is a plus
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Bigelow Aerospace was founded in 1999. Our headquarters are located in North Las Vegas, Nevada.
Our mission is to provide affordable destinations serving many diverse uses and customers, whether those destinations are located in low Earth orbit, deep space or on a foreign body.
In 2006 and 2007, we successfully launched and deployed Genesis I and II. On April 8, 2016 we launched the BEAM, Bigelow Expandable Activity Module, on contract with NASA to the International Space Station. The BEAM is a technology demonstrator to promote the viability of expandable habitat technology.