Systems Engineering Manager
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Lead systems team resources in the development of a robust spacecraft requirements management plan
- Lead interface working groups, arbitrate interfaces and develop interface control documents (ICDs)
- Ensure engineering personnel are available to support the review of contractor
- Support overall development of a spacecraft system with focus on Testability, Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Producibility
- Manage department personnel and hiring
- Master’s degree in Engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years experience in Aerospace, Systems Engineering, Design, Integration, Test
- 5+ years of leadership or management
- Experience with space mission design, spacecraft development, integration, testing and operations
- Experience with NASA space programs
- Knowledge of NASA processes for managing risk, safety and mission assurance
- Strong leadership, communication and mentoring skills
- Outstanding organization, analytical, innovation, and problem solving skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MATLAB or similar, STK and DOORS
- Experience working with quality management processes and AS-9100 compliance
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Bigelow Aerospace was founded in 1999. Our headquarters are located in North Las Vegas, Nevada.
Our mission is to provide affordable destinations serving many diverse uses and customers, whether those destinations are located in low Earth orbit, deep space or on a foreign body.
In 2006 and 2007, we successfully launched and deployed Genesis I and II. On April 8, 2016 we launched the BEAM, Bigelow Expandable Activity Module, on contract with NASA to the International Space Station. The BEAM is a technology demonstrator to promote the viability of expandable habitat technology.