Systems Engineering Manager
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Handle the task of integrating the efforts of a multi-disciplinary team of subsystem engineers into an overall space module system
- Experience with spacecraft design, development, integration, test and operations phases of spacecraft external interfaces
- Background in interfacing with customers and partners
- Lead interface working groups, arbitrate interfaces, develop and release interface control documents (ICD’s)
- Support overall development of a spacecraft system with focus on Testability, Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Produce ability.
- Perform requirements development, documentation management, quality assurance
- Accredited Bachelor’s degree in engineering, prefer Master’s
- Fifteen plus years experience in Aerospace, Systems Engineering, Design, Integration, Test
- Five plus years management experience with experience building teams and hiring
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Bigelow Aerospace was founded in 1999. Our headquarters are located in North Las Vegas, Nevada.
Our mission is to provide affordable destinations serving many diverse uses and customers, whether those destinations are located in low Earth orbit, deep space or on a foreign body.
In 2006 and 2007, we successfully launched and deployed Genesis I and II. On April 8, 2016 we launched the BEAM, Bigelow Expandable Activity Module, on contract with NASA to the International Space Station. The BEAM is a technology demonstrator to promote the viability of expandable habitat technology.