System, Integration, and Test Engineer
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- BS. Degree in Aerospace Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test Experience
- Performs requirements definition processes consisting of stakeholder expectations definition and technical requirements
- Performs, design realization processes involving product implementation, product integration and product verification
- Experience with NASA programs in Low Earth Orbit
- Experience working in a team and in a project-based environment
- Able to lift 50 lbs unassisted
- Experience with LabVIEW, Opto, or other data acquisition experience
- Proficient in drafting and GD & T
- Proficient in technical writing
- Experience in MATLAB or equivalent numerical analysis programs
- Proficient in SolidWorks, CATIA, or PTC Creo
- Experience in hardware and software troubleshooting
- Self motivated
- Can work effectively outdoors
- Knowledge of basic machining techniques
- Knowledge AS9100/ISO9001 Quality standards
- Knowledge of risk assessment procedures
- Soldering/electronic fabrication experience
- Can perform peer reviews of basic mechanical and electrical calculations
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Bigelow Aerospace was founded in 1999. Its headquarters are located in North Las Vegas, Nevada.
Our mission is to provide affordable destinations serving many diverse uses and customers, whether those destinations are located in low Earth orbit, deep space or on a foreign body.
In 2006 and 2007, we successfully launched and deployed Genesis I and II. On April 8, 2016 we launched the BEAM, Bigelow Expandable Activity Module, on contract with NASA to the International Space Station. The BEAM is a technology demonstrator to promote the viability of expandable habitat technology.