Technical Document Specialist
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Design and create pre-documentation templates, formats, proofs, revise and produce technical engineering and manufacturing documentation
- Prescript work orders (fabrication orders)
- Track all manufacturing and assembly fabrication orders
- Apply Bigelow Aerospace standards
- Conduct reviews with team members regarding projects
- Assure that projects/production jobs maintain the highest quality standards
- Coordinate with team members to avoid schedule conflicts
- Interact with engineers and production staff
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly project status updates
- Independently identifies project resource requirements utilizing individuals, processes, departments, and tools
- Project management and scheduling skills
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Extensive knowledge in understanding Windows file management
- When faced with large amounts of requests, is able to identify highly critical and less critical project tasks and able to adjust priorities
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Must be able to work as a team player and require minimal supervision.
- Experience gained through the military or within an aviation manufacturing or aerospace company is a plus
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Bigelow Aerospace was founded in 1999. Our headquarters are located in North Las Vegas, Nevada.
Our mission is to provide affordable destinations serving many diverse uses and customers, whether those destinations are located in low Earth orbit, deep space or on a foreign body.
In 2006 and 2007, we successfully launched and deployed Genesis I and II. On April 8, 2016 we launched the BEAM, Bigelow Expandable Activity Module, on contract with NASA to the International Space Station. The BEAM is a technology demonstrator to promote the viability of expandable habitat technology.