Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Manage tests and lead teams to ensure configuration and quality control during testing processes
- Maintain budget expenditures on tests
- Develop strategies and procedures for the test department
- Set up test schedules and document test findings
- Assess progress and effectiveness of test effort
- Senior Engineer with minimum of 10 years’ experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Aerospace Engineering or similar field of study
- Master’s degree preferred
- Ability to design test, set up, review methodologies, resource planning and resolve issues
- Knowledge of all aspects of design and manufacturing processes
- Complete system understanding through drawings and presentations
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Bigelow Aerospace was founded in 1999. Our headquarters are located in North Las Vegas, Nevada.
Our mission is to provide affordable destinations serving many diverse uses and customers, whether those destinations are located in low Earth orbit, deep space or on a foreign body.
In 2006 and 2007, we successfully launched and deployed Genesis I and II. On April 8, 2016 we launched the BEAM, Bigelow Expandable Activity Module, on contract with NASA to the International Space Station. The BEAM is a technology demonstrator to promote the viability of expandable habitat technology.