Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Manage tests and lead teams to ensure configuration and quality control during testing processes
- Maintain budget expenditures on tests
- Develop strategies and procedures for the test department
- Set up test schedules and document test findings
- Assess progress and effectiveness of test effort
- Senior Engineer with minimum of 10 years’ experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Aerospace Engineering or similar field of study
- Master’s degree preferred
- Ability to design test, set up, review methodologies, resource planning and resolve issues
- Knowledge of all aspects of design and manufacturing processes
- Complete system understanding through drawings and presentations
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Bigelow Aerospace was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in North Las Vegas, Nevada. Our company’s mission is to provide affordable, human-rated space structures for destinations in low Earth orbit, the moon, and beyond to meet the needs of a diverse array of customers.
Since 2006, we have successfully launched and deployed three expandable space structures, to include a human-rated module attached to the International Space Station. Presently, we are working on the research, design, and development of our next generation of human-rated expandable habitats, the B330 spacecraft. We are also currently partnered with NASA to assist with developing commercial and deep space habitation concepts as part of their NextSTEP (Next Space Technologies for Exploration Partnerships) Habitation Systems program.