Web Developer Assistant
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Build websites from scratch without frameworks or existing templates; build websites based on a PSD file
- Write rich cross-browser compatibility pages and scripts and troubleshoot or build solutions to combat browser compatibility
- Assist in web design and work with internal Graphics Department to make a solid set of development policies to ensure future sites meet technical requirements
- Use and troubleshoot SSH/SFTP, FTP Connections using a Security Key
- Perform web markup, including but not limited to HTML(5), CSS(3) and Responsive Design
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects at any given time
- 3+ year’s experience in a similar role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field (Master’s or PhD preferred)
- Proficient understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, including SASS & LESS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling using AJAX or similar technologies
- Preferred basic knowledge of image creation tools, to crop or resize and make adjustments as needed on an image using Adobe Photoshop or other Adobe Creative Suite Tools
- Basic knowledge and understanding of SEO/SEM optimization for the website for organic and paid search
- Familiar with Social Media and Third Party APIs
- Basic knowledge and understanding of BASH and BASH Scripting including CRON Job creations and monitoring
- Knowledge of CentOS 5+ Linux Server Administration is a requirement (Install/Maintain Software Packages, Setup Services/Scripts, Compile Projects from Source
- Knowledge of MySQL(5)+ (PDO) is a requirement
- Knowledge of PHP(5)+ is a requirement
- Knowledge of OOP (Object-Oriented Programming)
- Knowledge or experience building a Webstore is a plus
- Knowledge of WordPress and/or WooComerce is a plus
- Knowledge of implementing or creating REST-Based APIs and use of Third-Party APIs with little to no documentation
- Strong teamwork skills and ability to receive and perform instructions that may not go according to web standards or existing design scheme
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Bigelow Aerospace was founded in 1999. Our headquarters are located in North Las Vegas, Nevada.
Our mission is to provide affordable destinations serving many diverse uses and customers, whether those destinations are located in low Earth orbit, deep space or on a foreign body.
In 2006 and 2007, we successfully launched and deployed Genesis I and II. On April 8, 2016 we launched the BEAM, Bigelow Expandable Activity Module, on contract with NASA to the International Space Station. The BEAM is a technology demonstrator to promote the viability of expandable habitat technology.