Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Read and interpret blueprints and fabricate parts and assemblies from blueprints
- Plan jobs and maintain schedule
- Duties include sawing, grinding, and all necessary prep work
- High school diploma or GED
- 3-G welding certification is a plus
- MIG and TIG welding experience is required
- Ability to select proper fillers for jobs based on previous experience or project instruction
- Experience in plasma cutting, torch cutting, and grinding
- Ability to de-bur/grind metal as necessary to achieve proper surface texture to finish
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to lift 25-50 pounds
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Bigelow Aerospace was founded in 1999. Our headquarters are located in North Las Vegas, Nevada.
Our mission is to provide affordable destinations serving many diverse uses and customers, whether those destinations are located in low Earth orbit, deep space or on a foreign body.
In 2006 and 2007, we successfully launched and deployed Genesis I and II. On April 8, 2016 we launched the BEAM, Bigelow Expandable Activity Module, on contract with NASA to the International Space Station. The BEAM is a technology demonstrator to promote the viability of expandable habitat technology.