Machine Shop CNC Machinist
US Citizens and Permanent Residents Only
Set up and operate conventional and CNC machine tools for R&D purposes with close tolerances, complex metallic components with minimum supervision. Fit and assemble components where necessary. Provide input to engineers in developing new designs into working prototypes or production ready components. Ensure compliance with Quality System requirements as required.Responsibilities:
- Candidate must have knowledge of CNC Mills.
- Attend to general work area up keep and maintains adequate supplies and tools. Ensure equipment is calibrated and safely operated according to procedures.
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with the Medtronic Code of Conduct and all Quality System Requirements.
- Must be familiar with all inspection room equipment, CMM a plus.
- Multi-task, be a self starter, work under pressure and meet deadlines consistently
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience as a machinist or technical school experience
- Experience using CAD/CAM software surfcam or mastercam
- Uses skillfully all machinists’ hand tools and measuring instruments
- Set up and operate machine tools (CNC lathes and machining centers) to manufacture close tolerance medical device parts
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Familiarity with inspection equipment
- Good math aptitude
- Previous CNC experience necessary
- Must be comfortable communicating with engineers and engineering management on product development projects
- AS9100 experience preferred
- Experience with medium to large parts a plus
- Experience performing First Article Inspections (FAI)
- Lift/Carry/Push/Pull 25 lbs or more
- Stand/Sit/Walk up to 8 hours a day
- Sit/work in front of a computer screen for up to 8 hours per day
- Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision
- Perform repetitive motion job functions
- Wear personal protective equipment as required
- Duties could involve frequent exposure to noise, dirt, sawdust, odors, or similar surroundings
Apply for employment using any of the following methods:
Please note: For best protection of your personal information, use the Mail option below.
Use the Online Application
Send resumes to:
ATTN: HR Representative
1899 W. Brooks Avenue
North Las Vegas, NV 89032
Fax your resume to: (702) 639-0881