Mechanical Engineer - Composites Designer
This is a full time position.
Duty Location: North Las Vegas, Nevada
Uses creativity and the discipline of engineering that applies principles of physics and material science specifically towards the design of a single high strength, light weight component made of multiple materials. The designer will design, develop, and assist the lead design engineer in the integration of composite technology where applicable and beneficial.
- Work directly with the lead design engineering to gather and understand the project design requirements.
- Design composite components and products based on set given and derived requirements.
- Analyzes, evaluates, sources, and coordinates the procurement of new materials and equipment to support new designs and model changes.
- Oversee fabrication / testing of concept designs and assists with development of test protocols.
- Perform related analysis (simple FEA) and classical hand calculations to determine if design meets functional / performance specifications and optimization of design.
- Modify designs based on cost and manufacturing capabilities.
- Work with structural analysis to verify capabilities of structure before fabrication.
- Hold design reviews and presentations among peers to gain design feedback.
- Assure system and product quality by designing testing methods and fixtures; testing finished- product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- Responsible for completing Project Summaries, Action Items, Test Requirements, Release Orders, Change Orders, 3-D Models, and Part Drawings.
- Prepare manufacturing drawings to ANSI Y14.5M standards using GD&T for manufacturability and repeatability.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing and assembly issues.
- Record notes, design changes, and test results on ENBs.
US Citizens and Permanent Residents Only
- Solid Works CAD experience
- Experience with PDM / PLM software
- Knowledge of ANSI Y14.5M drawing standards
- Knowledge of GD&T
- Good background knowledge of materials and resins
- Experience with curing process, layups, and patterning of composite material
- 10+ years of mechanical design experience or 5+ years of aerospace design experience
BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering. MS in engineering a plus.
Apply for employment using any of the following methods:
Please note: For best protection of your personal information, use the Mail option below.
Use the Online Application
Send resumes to:
ATTN: HR Representative
1899 W. Brooks Avenue
North Las Vegas, NV 89032
Fax your resume to: (702) 639-0881