Mechanical Senior Engineer - Mechanisms Designer
This is a full time position.
Duty Location: North Las Vegas, Nevada
Uses creativity and the discipline of engineering that applies principles of physics and science mechanics specifically towards the design of a moving mechanical system. The designer will design devices to transform input forces and movement into a desired set of output forces and movement through the use of combined components such as gears and gear trains, belt and chain drives, cam and follower mechanisms, and linkages as well as friction devices such as brakes and clutches, and structural components such as the frame, fasteners, bearings, springs, lubricants and seals, as well as a variety of specialized machine elements such as splines, pins and keys.
- Work as a member of an integrated, interdisciplinary product team to develop solutions for various projects and applications.
- Apply knowledge of mechanical engineering and scientific principles to develop, design, analyze, test, and validate solutions for complex electro-mechanical systems and parts.
- Design mechanical mechanisms and products based on set of given and derived requirements.
- Develop complex mechanical and/or electro-mechanical mechanisms including designs, drawings, performance predictions and verification requirements and support briefings to management team.
- Oversee fabrication/testing of concept designs and assist with development of test protocols.
- Perform related analysis (simple FEA) and classical hand calculations to determine if design meets functional / performance specifications and optimization of design.
- Modify designs based upon cost and manufacturing capabilities.
- Work with structural analysis to verify loads and stresses before fabrication.
- Hold design reviews and presentations among peers to gain design feedback.
- Assure system and product quality by designing testing methods and fixtures; testing finished- product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- Responsible for completing Project Summaries, Action Items, Test Requirements, Release Orders, Change Orders, 3-D Models, and Part Drawings.
- Prepare manufacturing drawings to ANSI Y14.5M standards using GD&T for manufacturability and repeatability.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing and assembly issues.
US Citizens and Permanent Residents Only
- Experience with actuator and mechanism design, packaging and mounting
- Experience with actuator and mechanism control system design and implementation
- Solid Works CAD experience
- 10+ years of mechanical design experience or 5+ years of aerospace design experience
- Knowledge of ANSI Y14.5M drawing standards and GD&T
- Good background knowledge of materials and resins
BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering. Masters in engineering a plus.
Apply for employment using any of the following methods:
Please note: For best protection of your personal information, use the Mail option below.
Use the Online Application
Send resumes to:
ATTN: HR Representative
1899 W. Brooks Avenue
North Las Vegas, NV 89032
Fax your resume to: (702) 639-0881