Asssembly & Integration - Tool and Die Maker
This is a full time position.
Duty Location: North Las Vegas, Nevada
Bigelow Aerospace is currently recruiting for the position of Tool and Die Maker.
The role of the Tool and Die Maker is to analyze specifications, lay out metal stock, set up and operate machine tools, and fit and assemble parts to make and repair dies, cutting tools, jigs, lift fixtures, gauges, and machinists' hand tools.
- Study blueprints, sketches, models, or specifications to plan sequences of operations for fabricating tools, dies, or assemblies.
- Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators.
- Visualize and compute dimensions, sizes, shapes, and tolerances of assemblies, based on specifications.
- Set up and operate conventional or computer numerically controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes.
- File, grind, shim, and adjust different parts to properly fit them together.
- Fit and assemble parts to make, repair, or modify dies, jigs, gauges, and tools, using machine tools and hand tools.
- Conduct test runs with completed tools or dies to ensure that parts meet specifications, making adjustments as necessary.
- Inspect finished dies for smoothness, contour conformity, and defects.
- Smooth and polish flat and contoured surfaces of parts or tools, using scrapers, abrasive stones, files, emery cloths, or power grinders.
- Lift, position, and secure machined parts on surface plates or worktables, using hoists, vises, v-blocks, or angle plates.
Position requires knowledge of current machining techniques, mechanical principles, setups, tooling applications, operating methods, machine ability of materials and manufacturing database. Such knowledge and skills may be acquired through vocational training supplemented by three (3) to five (5) years of applicable machine shop and tool making experience.
Physical Demands: while performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, squat, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The Team Member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. May work with toxic or caustic chemical. Knowledge of safety stands is necessary.
Apply for employment using any of the following methods:
Please note: For best protection of your personal information, use the Mail option below.
Use the Online Application
Send resumes to:
ATTN: HR Representative
1899 W. Brooks Avenue
North Las Vegas, NV 89032
Fax your resume to: (702) 639-0881